Job ID 193866
1.0. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.1. Ensure all patients’ records are included for completeness of patients file.
1.2. Establishes and maintains files and records on ongoing basis to wards, ambulatory area and insurance.
1.3. Quality auditing for In Patient and Out Patient files to ensure completeness.
1.4. Delinquent files records are maintained and request is sent to the physicians and nurses for its completion.
1.5. Followed up by Physicians and nurses on daily basis for the completion of delinquent files via phone call and e-mails.
1.6. Recommends and guides the clerk for the storing of the medical files.
1.7. Maintaining of statistical record for the department on daily and monthly basis in a standard approved format.
1.8. Preparing of the daily, monthly and yearly statistics for the management by liaising with other department colleagues and forwarding it to the supervisor.
1.9. Submission of DHA online notifications such as birth, death and still birth, infectious disease as and when there is cases.
1.10. Also assisting in the DHA statistical submission required on daily and monthly basis.
1.11. Daily submission of sick leave certificate and maintaining of the standards required by the DHA.
1.12. Resolving and orienting the physicians and nurses when there are issues with the Electronic Health Record.
1.13. Maintaining the code numbers for the forms approved and coordinating with the MTM for proof samples and further printing.
1.14. Arranging meetings and agenda for the MCI committee and taking care of task assigned through supervisor.
1.0. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
1.1. Education: Graduate or diploma in Medical records course or Graduation/ Diploma in any Medical Science Subject.
1.2. Experience: Two (2) years of experience in a hospital or multi-disciplinary healthcare facility doing medical record officer job.
184.108.40.206. Typewriting with at least 70 wpm.
220.127.116.11. Knowledge of variety of basic clerical functions.
18.104.22.168. Good communication in English language.
22.214.171.124. Fair knowledge of medical terminologies.
126.96.36.199. Handling documents in a safe and damage free methods.
1.4. Equipment Operated: Computer/ Image processing system
1.5. Licensure: Not required.
1.6. Languages: Proficiency in English.
1.7. Personal Requirement: Must have integrity, initiative, evidence of good health and grooming, good moral character and right conduct, strong and pleasing personality.
1.8. Job Requirement:
- Participates actively in organization-wide activities without hesitance or personal reservation.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled and are dependable. Organizes and priorities assigned work and schedules time to accommodate work demands, turnaround time requirement and commitments.
- Participates in the continuing education programs and quality assurance programs, attends to departmental meeting.
- Works and communicates in a positive and cooperative manner with the co-workers, manager and the management, other healthcare personnel and the patients and their families when providing information and services, seeking assistance, clarification and resolving problems.
- Shares information with co-workers and contributes to team efforts.
- Handles difficult situations, work pressures and sensitive situations tactfully.
- Maintains equipment’s and work area as directed.
- Assists with training for new employees.
- Co-operates on extension/ rescheduling of duty hours at times of departmental requirements which might include even carrying out the same job in a different location of the hospital if necessary.
- Performs other task and duties assigned by the Department Supervisor for the efficient flow of work in the Department in times insufficiency in staff.